WINE ON TAP ???
YRK was the first restaurant in Guelph to serve wine on tap, keeping our "by the glass" wines as fresh as the first pop of a cork!!!
As Sommeliers & Wine Educators,
Karim and Sara love wine......
.....but not the snobbery of it.!!
At YRK we have chosen to simplify. York Rd Kitchen
is a pioneer in wine service,
being the first restaurant in the area to offer
Wine on Tap,
featuring the Handcrafted Wines of
13th St. Winery, Niagara.
With Wine on Tap we can offer great value,
local wines, charged by the ounce!
If you prefer wine by the bottle feel free to peruse our
Wall of Wine.
York Rd Kitchen also offers the
Bring Your Own Bottle
program so please feel free to bring your special wine
for a corkage fee $15. With this special license you are also
welcome to choose one of our bottles and
Take Home The Rest.
An exciting new wine category is rapidly exploding throughout North America. Wine-on-tap has become the evolution of wine by-the-glass programs in trend-setting establishments, providing added value to the consumer while increasing profitability to licensees.
Until now, wine by-the-glass selections have remained limited because of the high financial risk of spoiled, bottled wine due to oxidation, affecting the bottom line of all operators.
FreshTAP wine-on-tap is dispensed from stainless steel kegs and constantly pressurized by an inert gas, eliminating oxidation. Not to mention, this wine-on-tap system eliminates the need for bottles all together. Ensuring that the wine in the consumers glass tastes as fresh and delicious as the winemakers crafted it to be.
WINE-ON-TAP from stainless steel kegs eliminates spoilage, streamlines efficiencies and increases profits
• Wine will never spoil due to oxidation and will no longer be wasted due to breakage or “Corked” bottles.
• Serving wine-on-tap from stainless steel kegs ensures the guest enjoys a fresh glass of wine, every single time.
• Cost of savings on labour by eliminating the need to stock bottles, handle recycling and gassing bottles, therefore increasing overall efficiencies.
• Eliminating all packaging waste and spoilage means increased margins and more profits to the restaurant.
WINE-ON-TAP means a perfect pour, every time, for any length of time, exactly the way your winemaker intended
• Wine poured from a FreshTAP stainless steel keg is constantly held under the gentle pressure of an inert gas, preserving the wine perfectly for 6-8 months once tapped and preventing any oxidation.
• A stainless steel keg replicates the exact environment wine is stored in a winery, in stainless steel wine tanks. Therefore, winemakers are confident their carefully crafted wines are always kept in their natural state.
• Each 19.5L wine keg contains the equivalent of 26 (750ml) bottles, or approximately 130 five-ounce glasses. The 130th will be as fresh as the first.
WINE-ON-TAP, an environmentally friendly way to enjoy wine by-the-glass
• Wine in stainless steel kegs eliminates the need for bottles, labels, corks/capsules and cardboard cases from ever needing to be manufactured and eventually ending up as waste.
• A full FreshTAP keg weighs 30% less than the bottled equivalent, therefore reducing the overall carbon footprint of shipping